Women’s Health Center
At Sutter Delta Medical Center in Antioch, we provide top-notch
medical treatment for women in all life stages. Our unique programs, services and health information help women flourish in a setting that is convenient and close to home.
If you are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant, consider delivering your baby at our Family Birthing Center. Made up of large, private labor and delivery suites equipped with Jacuzzi tubs, the center provides added comfort for our patients in a homelike setting.
Rooms are painted in soft hues of mauves and purples, creating a tranquil, healing environment. Each room also includes a spacious living room nook with a sofa bed, digital flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi access. Our teams of highly skilled clinical professionals are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Services at the Women’s and Family Birthing Center include:
- Antepartum triage, testing and care
- Care and monitoring for high-risk pregnancy
- Prenatal education services
- A wide range of prenatal, postnatal and childbirth classes, including breast-feeding support
Labor and Delivery
- Vaginal delivery
- Caesarean section
- High-risk and preterm delivery
After your baby is born, our team of specially trained pediatric hospitalists is available 24/7 to attend to the needs of you and your baby. We also provide one-on-one lactation training with a certified lactation consultant.
Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery
In addition to well-baby postpartum care, Sutter Delta’s birthing unit is home to a state-of-the art Level II neonatal intensive care nursery (NICU) for newborns who need a higher level of care, allowing mom and baby to stay together without having to transfer the newborn to another facility. Newborns who were born too early and/or have respiratory issues, feeding issues, dehydration or illness may need this higher level of specialty care.
Services provided in the NICU include:
- Infant withdrawal support
- Newborn respiratory distress care, including treatment for transient tachypnea (a lung condition in premature infants that can cause breathing difficulty)
- Newborn feeding intolerance care
- Newborn sepsis (bacterial infection) care
- Pediatric ultrasound and X-ray
VIP Birthing Center Tours
We welcome you to visit our labor and delivery suites and meet our friendly and highly trained staff. For further information or to schedule a Maternity Tour, please call our Maternity Tour Coordinator at 925-779-2955 or email WallaKa@sutterhealth.org.