Pain Management Lab
Whether your pain is caused by injury, severe arthritis or degenerative disease, Sutter Delta’s Pain Management Lab can help find the relief you need to regain your freedom.
We offer the following pain treatments: epidural and transformational injections, implantable nerve stimulators, nerve blocks, ablation therapy and other treatments.
Epidural and Transformational Injections
- Facet joint nerve blocks: Relieve pain in the spine
- Neurolytic blocks: Anesthesia used to interrupt the pain pathway
- Peripheral nerve blocks: Used as anesthesia in a body part undergoing surgery
- Selective nerve root blocks: Procedure performed to determine if a specific nerve is the root of pain
- Sympathetic nerve blocks: Relieves pain in the lower back or neck
Implantable Nerve Stimulator
Nerve Blocks and Ablation Therapy
Our pain management specialists are able to use a combination of medications called a nerve block to temporarily prevent the nerve from transmitting pain signals.
The medications are administered directly to the target nerves, ensuring that surrounding nerves will not be affected.
Ablation therapy also targets pain-transmitting nerve cells by using radiofrequencies to generate heat around the nerve and stopping the pain signals from reaching the brain.
- Evaluation and implantation of spinal infusion pumps: A technique used to treat chronic and severe back pain
- Radiofrequency neurotomy for adhesiolysis or scar tissue ablation: Long-term destruction of small nerves that cause chronic pain
- Spinal discography: A technique used to diagnose the possible cause of back pain
- Spinal stimulation testing and implantation of spinal cord stimulation units: Surgical implants that help relieve back pain