Welcome to the Family Birth Center
A hospital so good, we have our babies here.
Karen Quesada knew she wanted to be a Sutter Delta nurse after having her children here–all three of them! Karen joined the hospital 11 years ago and has been working with the very same doctor who helped her deliver her babies, Dr. Wada, whose two sons were born here as well.
Sutter Delta's State-of-the-Art Family Birth Center is the only one of its kind in East Contra Costa County.
- 24-hour pediatric Hospitalist
- On-site Lactation Consultant
- Private and Spacious Suites in a home-like setting for both Labor and Recovery
- Each room is equipped with a private refrigerator, flat screen TV and whirlpool tubs
- Prenatal, parenting and sibling educational classes
Maternity ToursFamilies are welcome to take the Maternity Tour on designated tour dates. For more information or to register for a Maternity Tour, please call 925-779-2955 or email Kathy Wallace at WallaKa@sutterhealth.org.
A Family-Centered Approach to Childbirth
That is what the Family Birth Center is all about. Our spacious LDR (labor/delivery/recovery) suites afford you as much privacy as you desire and yet offer the ability to include your loved ones. Your newborn remains in the room with you during the recovery period.
To ensure your comfort, security and peace of mind...
- Our Family Birth Center continues to be a recognized leader in obstetrics locally. We were the first hospital in Contra Costa County to provide all-inclusive labor, delivery and recovery and post-partum rooms for moms.
- 24-hour rooming in with your newborn and your partner
- Board Certified Obstetricians
- A Nursing staff of Certified Obstetrical Clinicians
- Level I Nursery
- Level II Special Care Nursery
- 24-hour Pediatric Hospitalist on site
- 24-hour consultation services with specialists including perinatologists and neonatologists
- Epidural Services available on a 24-hour basis
- Dedicated Operating Rooms
- A lactation specialist on staff for breastfeeding assistance
- Education and information including prenatal education, parenting and sibling classes