End-User Agreements for Health Information and Drug Guide
- HealthWise Health Information
- Multum Drug Guide
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Assumption of Risk, Disclaimer of Liability, Indemnity
- Liability of Multum to the END-USERS
HealthWise Health Information
This disclaimer pertains to the HEALTHWISE Knowledgebase medical information software which includes, but is not limited to, the Diagnosis-Based Topics and the Symptom-Based Topics.
Medical information in the Proprietary Health Information of the Software is based on current medical literature and on physician review. However, use of the Proprietary Health Information is not intended to replace the advice of a dOctor. The Proprietary Health Information is intended to help people make better health care decisions and take a greater responsibility for their own health.
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT HEALTHWISE, ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSEES AND SUBLICENSEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESULTS OF YOUR DECISIONS RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE TEXT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR CHOOSING TO SEEK OR NOT TO SEEK PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL CARE, OR YOUR CHOOSING OR NOT CHOOSING SPECIFIC TREATMENT BASED ON THE TEXT.
Back to top
Multum Drug Guide
The Service is for use by United States and Canadian residents only. The Service is a service provided to you by Cerner Multum ("Multum"). The Service and the "Healthwise Knowledgebase" are separate products provided by separate entities.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided in the Service is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive.
The Service does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. The Service is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and provide consumers with drug specific information. Healthcare practitioners should use their professional judgment in using the information provided. The Service is not a substitute for the care provided by licensed healthcare practitioners and consumers are urged to consult with their healthcare practitioner in all instances. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient.
Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information the Service provides.
Back to top
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE END-USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. EXCEPT FOR WARRANTIES WHICH MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED AS A MATTER OF LAW, MULTUM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR NATURE OF THE CONTENT OF THE SERVICE, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The END-USER acknowledges that updates to the Service are at the sole discretion of Multum. Multum makes no representations or warranties whatsoever, express or implied, with respect to the compatibility of the Service, or future releases thereof, with any computer hardware or software, nor does Multum represent or warrant the continuity of the features or the facilities provided by or through the Service as between various releases thereof.
Any warranties expressly provided herein do not apply if:
- the END-USER alters, mishandles or improperly uses, stores or installs all, or any part, of the Service,
- the END-USER uses, stores or installs the Service on a computer system which fails to meet the specifications provided by Multum, or
- the breach of warranty arises out of or in connection with acts or omissions of persons other than Multum.
Back to top
Assumption of Risk, Disclaimer of Liability, Indemnity
THE END-USER ASSUMES ALL RISK FOR SELECTION AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND CONTENT PROVIDED THEREON. MULTUM SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS, MISSTATEMENTS, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS REGARDING CONTENT DELIVERED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY DELAYS IN OR INTERRUPTIONS OF SUCH DELIVERY.
THE END-USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT MULTUM:
- HAS NO CONTROL OF OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE END-USER'S USE OF THE SERVICE OR CONTENT PROVIDED THEREON,
- HAS NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE SPECIFIC OR UNIQUE CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH THE SERVICE OR CONTENT PROVIDED THEREON MAY BE USED BY THE END-USER,
- UNDERTAKES NO OBLIGATION TO SUPPLEMENT OR UPDATE CONTENT OF THE SERVICE, AND
- HAS NO LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY DATA OR INFORMATION INPUT ON THE SERVICE BY THE END-USER TO THE SERVICE.
- THE END-USER'S USE OF THE SERVICE OR CONTENT PROVIDED THEREON OR ANY EQUIPMENT FURNISHED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH AND
- ANY DATA OR INFORMATION INPUT ON THE SERVICE BY END-USER, IN ALL CASES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSSES FOR TORT, PERSONAL INJURY, MEDICAL MALPRACTICE OR PRODUCT LIABILITY. FURTHER, WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL MULTUM BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR DOWN TIME, EVEN IF MULTUM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Back to top
Liability of Multum to the END-USERS
Under no circumstances shall Multum be liable to the END-USER or any other person for any direct, indirect, exemplary, special or consequential damages arising out of or relating to the END-USER's use of or inability to use the Service or the content of the Service provided thereon or any equipment furnished in connection therewith. Multum's total liabilities in connection with this Agreement, whether arising under contract or otherwise, are limited to the fees received by Multum under this Agreement specifically relating to the END-USER's service or product which is the subject of the claim.
Date last updated: 06/13/01
Back to top