Help for the Uninsured—Our Commitment
to Low-Income, Uninsured Patients
Charity Care for Emergency Patients
Some conditions apply.1
In February 2004 Sutter Health affiliates adopted a common, system wide charity care policy. As part of this policy:
- Uninsured patients with annual family income below 250% poverty income level2 may qualify to receive free care.
- Uninsured patients with annual incomes from 250-400% are billed at rates well below those charged to private insurance companies.
Sutter Delta Medical Center extends on this policy by:
- Limiting uninsured patients’ payment liability to 30% of their annual household income.
- Providing an automatic discount to all uninsured patients comparable to the negotiated discounts that the hospital provides to private insurance companies.
- Providing patients who pay their bills within 30 days a 20% discount off of the balance owed.
For answers to your questions, or for more information on how to apply, please contact the Financial Counseling Department at (925) 779-2948, all messages will be returned with in 24 hours Monday through Friday.
1These policies are limited to hospital charges and do not include physician, anesthesiologist, or any other profession charges that are not billed by the hospital.
2For information regarding current and past Federal Poverty Income Levels visit the United States Department of Health & Human Services website at http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/